They got married and lived happily every after- the end. Ha! Don't we all wish? While I am not a Princess, I did marry my prince- who is named Big P (or he is for this blog). We are currently living happily every after, but it hasn't been an easy happily ever after- but as I tell my high school students "Life is tough, get a helmet!" 5 days after our one year anniversary, I gave Big P the best anniversary present ever- in the form of a son- Little P.

He is now 2 and a half years old and has been the best thing to ever happen to us! He constantly amuses us with his silliness and seriousness, his honesty in his observations about life and his laughter at all things- whether they are funny or not! He is a breath of fresh air after dealing with high school kids all day and I am forever grateful to God for giving him to us. We currently live in Shreveport, Louisiana, after residing in Oklahoma for 3 years- and I can honestly say that there is NO place like home! I am never leaving the South again! There are actually places in this world that call coke, "pop" and make fun of people for saying "Y'all". Seriously.
I spend my days teaching high school students history, all the while, asking the myself the same question that they do, "why do we need to know this?!' just kidding. But seriously- I love my job, I might not always act like it, but I sincerely love what I do. It's my way of attempting to change the world- I don't expect to accomplish that overnight, or at all, but at least I know I have given it a try! I spend my nights chasing Little P and snuggling with Big P, while watching copious amounts of TV. After blog stalking for a year and a half, give or take, I am very excited to start this blogging journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment