Monday, August 23, 2010

SURPRISE!

So my doorbell rang today and UPS was standing there with a box from Ruelala. If you are not familiar with Ruelala, it's a private shopping website- basically you sign up or are invited by another member and they send you emails of sales they are having. They have great stuff! BCBG, Michael Kors, purses, etc....and my all time fave Lilly Pulitzer. If you are not familiar with Lilly Pulitzer and you live in the south- shame on you. Go get familiar with her. Super preppy, classic clothing. Love it. Can't afford it. Buy it only on sale. Well anyways, on August 9th, they had a Lilly Pulitzer sale with stuff marked 70% off and I was bound and determined to buy something....but I had New Teacher Orientation that day and by the time I got home, all the stuff in my size was gone! :( I was so devastated, I tweeted about it and facebooked about it....well someone out there at RueLaLa read it! AND, AND, THEY SENT ME A BOX OF FREE LILLY PULITZER DESK ITEMS!!!! FREE!!!!!!!!!  I got a coffee mug, a pencil cup, a notebook, a planner and a pen! IN MATCHING GREEN AND PINK PATTERN! WOOHOO!  They obviously know me :) Now my initial reaction when opening the box was "oh crap, what did I buy from RueLala and how much did I spend?" and then my next reaction was, "Lord, protect me from the wrath of my husband when he sees that I've spent A LOT of money (and time) shopping online." you see, I have a bit of a problem with shopping....I love it. I am obsessed with it. I love nothing more than walking in a store, any store, whether I am buying or browsing, I love it. And I love a good bargain even more, so FREE, is right up my ally! Below is a pic of some of my new Lilly loot:


P.S. did I mention that it came from the "Corporate Concierge"? who informed me, via  a super cute note wishing me good luck this school year, that she can reserve stuff for me?! I AM IN LOVE. WITH HER. (and like the good southern girl I am, I'm writing her a thank you note tonight!) My day has been made people. been made. 

2 comments:

Liz Wilhelm said...

how cool is that?! supper jealous!

Mindy said...

love it! that stuff was super cute!