Friday, April 8, 2011

Honored




Well, I made it through my first week back at work WITHOUT CRYING! HALLELUJAH! My life motto is "and on Wednesdays, I cry" but NOT THIS WEEK! . I might have lost my voice and I’m exhausted but bless my pea pickin' heart, I did not cry once!  Since my brain feels like it’s fried, this is going to be a brain dump post, so stick with me:

  •         4:30 am is a VERY early wake up time. I’m not going to lie; I am exhausted, but waking up that early allows me to get ready, eat breakfast and not feel as rushed as I would if I woke up at 5 am. We have to be signed in at 7:05 and our first class is at 7:35, so I have to leave the house to drop the kids off at their school by 6:30. I am looking forward to when Patrick is in town because he can take the kids and I get to sleep in until 5:30! Woohoo!

  •        I’ve had to let go of the fact that I can’t do everything- my house has not been nearly as clean as it normally has been, and well, I’m just going to have to live with that. Our meals aren’t home cooked every night, but I did manage two nights this week!

  •         Yesterday I learned to laugh. If you follow me on twitter, you saw that my afternoon was quite chaotic. I picked Addison and JP up at 2:45 to find out that Addison only drank 3 oz of her two bottles at school. She normally takes two 6 oz bottles at school, so this was not normal for her. I immediately knew what was wrong- she had run out of her formula the night before and I had to buy a different brand. We normally give her Target’s brand UP & UP, but they were out on Tuesday AND Wednesday, so I made the executive decision to buy Enfamil and baby girl DID NOT like it. I spent Thursday frantically calling Targets, only to discover that they were all out. Fortunately, we found 1 can in a Target near us and Patrick was instructed to pick it up on his way back in town! In the meantime, JP spilled an ENTIRE MILKSHAKE on himself while I was on the phone with the seventh Target I called- so I instructed him to go outside and take all his clothes off and get some new ones from his room. When I turned around, he had decided to wear his too small Spider man costume from Halloween….nice.  My house looks like a disaster area at this point, there’s milkshake on the carpet, Addison won’t eat and I can’t find JP. I hear something from the dryer and I look in there and there is JP sitting in there, in a too small Spiderman costume….he told me it was his “Batcave” (apparently we got our superheroes mixed up). At this point in the afternoon, I gave up on the idea of having a home cooked meal for my husband when he got back in town and gave up on a clean house. I grabbed my route 44 coke, sat down and started playing with the kids. All I could do was just laugh….no formula, no eating, milkshake everywhere and a superhero in my dryer.  

  •        I’ve realized that all the chaos of being a working mom is okay when you love your job…and I do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my job and my students and the school I’m at…love them so much that I got teary eyed today during a video made by the students and shown during our “news hour”. I’ve worked at three schools and the last one I worked at sucked out my soul by the time I left. It was negative from the top (administration) to the bottom (the students), but this school I’m at now, is amazing. I love my co-workers, the administration is great, and my students are my favorites I’ve ever taught. When you love your job, it makes it easy to overlook the stress and anxiety that has occurred this week J I am truly honored to work at the school I work at and I am so grateful that God opened up that opportunity for me last year. God is good ALL THE TIME.

-      

1 comment:

labride said...

I'm so glad you had a good week! The school I'm at now is the soul sucking kind. I just pray I'll find a wonderful school when we move.