Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Dip

In the event you have been living under a rock (or you're not from the South), yesterday started football season. It's my MOST favorite time in the world- even better than Christmas (the holiday- not the birth of Jesus Christ, because really, nothing is better than that). Being from Louisiana, we are die hard LSU fans and take our football EXTREMELY serious. I find myself discussing quarterbacks (Jarrett Lee is our QB right now, which means I am spending some serious time in prayer before each game.), plays, defending Les Miles and basically trying to convince everyone that it doesn't really matter that we won a National Championship and still lost 2 games. (MOVE ON PEOPLE, WE WON THE NATIONAL TITLE, WHO CARES HOW MANY CONFERENCE GAMES WE WON!!) I have an intense dislike for certain SEC teams and especially any team outside the SEC who likes to think they could compete in our conference (ahem, Oregon, ahem, Boise). I'm not SEC loyal, but I'm LSU loyal. 


We had a shrimp boil last night for a group of our friends and I mentioned on Twitter that I was whipping up the most INCREDIBLE dip ever. So of course, everyone wants the recipe and I promised I would blog it. Unfortunately I did not get a single picture of anything last night because, well, I just forget about my camera. But this dip- it's amazing. I got the recipe from our head football coach at the high school I teach at- in the middle of the pep rally- I'm chasing him down for it.  So here it is- Chicken Enchilada Dip:


1 lb cooked chopped chicken
1 cup mayo
1 block cream cheese (room temp)
1 bag monterrey jack cheese (or your favorite shredded cheese)
1 can chopped green chiles
1 can chopped jalapenos (only if you like it spicy!)


mix all of the ingredients together, top with more cheese
bake for 20 minutes at 350.


SO YUMMY!!!!!!


No comments: