Monday, February 27, 2012

Brain Fry

It's a Monday, and Patrick is gone for the week, so my brain is fried and I'm tired. But here's what has been on my mind:



  • Based upon the number of times I bumped into my desks in my classroom      today, I think I'm lacking spatial awareness. My legs are covered in bruises! It's not like the desks haven't been there all year. 
  • I feel like I blinked and winter is over. Oh wait, we didn't have a winter this year. Now that spring weather is upon us, I'm feeling old. And pale. And gross. And I hate everything in my closet. I'm hoping a spray tan, some high lights and a few new pieces to my wardrobe will help fix this problem. Until I have that type of time- wine will have to fix all my problems.
  • Patrick has been home playing "house husband" since before Christmas. It's been nice coming home to a (semi) picked up house, and him doing dinner, baths, etc. However, he left today for work and I'm single momming it this week (yes I realize, I'm not actually a single mom, but I still call it that). So far it's been pretty easy- too easy. Which means I am currently waiting for the other shoe to drop. It always does. On that note, I'm tired of living my life waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's exhausting. And probably something I should remedy.
  • Pregnancy feet: most pregnant women's feet grow, but mine shrunk. None of my size 6 fit- and have you tried to find cute shoes, in stock, in a size 5.5?! Crazy. 
  • Dave Matthews Band: they are on my TV right now- some live concert, and man, do I miss their music. Takes me back to high school. Speaking of which- I introduced my high schoolers to DMB and now they play it all the time on the morning news. Overkill people.
  • Are We Raising A Generation of Helpless Kids? In a word. Yes. If you recognize some of the things described in this article as something you would/currently do for your children- do all of us a favor and stop. Let them make their own mistakes and own responsibility for it. You can't follow them to college...well, in this article I believe a parent did follow the child to a job interview- so I stand corrected. But seriously- it's okay if they don't make an "A" or if they don't receive the playing time YOU feel they deserve. Let them fight their own battles. 
That's it for tonight! Hopefully I will have something else this week to post. Like maybe what clothes I'm lusting over for Spring. 

No comments: