1. How long have you & your significant other been together?
Patrick and I have been together 8 years this Valentine's Day. 8 FREAKING YEARS. THAT'S A THIRD GRADER. And yes, I just darted off to tell him it's been 8 years- he's just as shocked.
2. How did you meet? {What's your love story?}
We went to college together at Louisiana Tech (Go DAWGS!) and I knew several of his fraternity brothers, but didn't actually know him. Funny story- my dad met him in a bar when we went out one night while my dad was in town and he actually, formally, introduced us. His fraternity, Kappa Sigma, had a formal coming up and I BEGGED one of our friends to get me a date. So he got me a date with Patrick and well- the rest, is history. Actually. No, the rest is an insanely embarrassing story that I can't believe I'm about to share with the internet. Um, we went to the formal and I got so drunk (sorry mom) that I passed out in the limo on the WAY THERE. Talk about an awesome date. I was pretty sure he would NEVER call, but he did....3 days later. How could it not be love? And no, I have NEVER lived that down.
![]() |
| Yes. this would be right before I passed out. Good lord were we young. and wild. and skinny. |
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married since July 29, 2006- so that will be 6 years this summer.
4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married in my hometown, in the church that I attended my entire life. We had a medium sized wedding (150-175ish) with the ceremony at the Walden on Lake Houston country club. Where my friends paid the bartender to leave, stole a golf cart and generally acted like fools. Keeping it Klassy. Always.
![]() |
| Awwww.....we were babies when we got married. |
5. Do you have any nicknames you call each other?
We call each other "babe". But in college, I called him Patty-Poo. It went over REALLY well with his fraternity brothers.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's incredibly loyal- to his family and his friends. He is an extremely hard worker and takes his job (real and his job as a father/husband) seriously. He's the funniest person I know...without meaning to be funny.
7. Tell us how he proposed
He just got back in town from an out of town trip and we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant. He asked me "do you love me? do you still want to get married?" and my response was "um, yeah" and he promptly took a box out of his pocket and said "good. marry me" and handed it to me. Extremely romantic. His excuse for not getting down on one knee was his "bad hip" (he was 23, NOT 80).
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy or a roses and champagne kind of guy for Valentine's Day?
Um, sometimes he's both. Seriously- he rocks at presents. Always surprises me. But he is not generally romantic. And that's okay- because I can't stand mushy love. Or men crying.
9. Are you a sunset on the beach type of girl or a movie and couch type?
personally? I prefer a nice dinner and drinks. Sans kids. So whichever one of those doesn't require me wiping someone's rear end. Or re-filling a sippy cup with milk (sippy cup of wine would be fine)
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything or go anywhere?
Italy. End of discussion.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
Well, this is the one year he is actually in town for Valentine's Day and I have a Junior League meeting. Go figure. So we will probably just exchange cards. and kisses.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?
Not this year. Last year he rocked. See the post titled "Valentine's Day". This year- I actually asked for new sheets for the bed. I'm old. I know.
13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong & full of love.
Be honest. But don't be mean about it. Love always...even if you don't like them at the moment. Don't feel guilty for being you.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
| Love hims so much. |




2 comments:
So sweet :-) I've loved reading all of these!!! Y'all are precious! And at my first greek outing with my hubs I ran away from him the whole night. Literally..I kept finding people to talk to or reasons to run off somewhere. ha! Talk about young and innocent.
Oh and your wedding dress was gorgeous!!!
So sweet! Love your blog!
Post a Comment