Sunday, April 7, 2013

Inspired

I have been inspired by my dear friend, Taryn, to re-start my blog. Given my track record on "re-starting my blog", I give this approximately 3 weeks before I give it up again. I feel like I have so much to say, but no where to say it, so hopefully this place will help, but like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

We've had so much happen to us these past few months; combined- Patrick and I have lost 2 grandparents, an aunt, a family dog, and just yesterday, we buried a best friend. It's been rough. But it's been good. Death is sad, that's a given, but the lessons learned are priceless. I have never felt the presence of God so strongly as I have through all this heart ache. The deaths of my loved ones have my heart absolutely on fire for The Lord, and I am so thankful for that. I've been praying for my loved ones, and specifically my friends so hard lately. I want them to know the Lord the way that I do, to be chasing His heart, instead of chasing the next party. I want to be assured that my loved ones will be in Heaven with me; and sadly, I'm not sure about that for a lot of people I know.

 My prayer lately has been to have the courage to share my faith and my love for God with everyone I come in contact with, because you just don't know if they will be here tomorrow to hear it. Now that I have depressed everyone with sad tales of death, we do have lots of good news in our world!

First, our dearest friends, Taryn and Justin, just welcomed their first baby! Little Jamison has been the biggest blessing to all of us, and he doesn't even know it yet! I am thrilled for them and have been earnestly praying that Jamison will be a strong man of God. 

Secondly, we move in 10 days. We bought my grandparents house when we moved to Louisiana, and while it has served us, and my family, well, there's a lot of emotional baggage with this house. Once my aunt died in February, we felt like it was time to let this house go. By the grace of God, it was only on the market for less than 60 days, when we had a buyer! The hand of God has guided this entire process, from selling this house, to keeping the one we wanted to buy on the market for us to purchase it, and now- in 10 short days, we move. I am overwhelmed and so unbelievably grateful for all that God has provided us with. 

I can't wait to show pictures of our new house (minus the front, don't need no stalkers), but until then, I will leave you with our precious children...who are growing up so fast (which they need to stop immediately because my Momma heart can't handle the fact that JP can tie his shoes. I cried. Also, I'm aware that I probably need to be medicated, but wine works nicely for me). 






1 comment:

Julianne @ Bogs and Bows said...

Mere,
I'm so inspired by YOU! You have been so tested lately & yet you continue to stay faithful & you have such a way with words. (I'm referring to some FB posts where you said exactly what I wanted but didn't know how) you make me want to be a better woman, Christian, and mama! Your sweet JP is an amazing reflection of your heart. Love him!