I know lots of people have "Life verses", bible verses they claim for their life, and while I have a few that I walk around muttering like a crazy woman when I feel like I'm under spiritual warfare (which totally exists y'all. I am convinced there are forces working agains the good God wants to happen in our life), this year I claimed a "year verse".
This verse is my goal for the year. Over New Year's, I decided that I wanted to stop making resolutions (that I never keep, I mean, hello? I will never stop nagging my poor husband) and start making changes in the way I viewed things. I wanted to do something that was biblical based, so that I was accountable to God. So, I chose one about goodness. And looking for the goodness. And remaining confident in His goodness, no matter the circumstances.
I prayed long and hard over finding a verse to focus on this year, and wow, did God ever answer that prayer. Despite the tragedy we have suffered this year, I have maintained an attitude of gratefulness and confidence.
Roots and Wings
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment