Thursday, January 13, 2011

Home

We made it home...and I realized my house was a disaster when I left so I've been spending all day trying to catch up on cleaning. It was clean before I left, but then we had my husband's 29th birthday party and then decided to leave the day after so he could beat the bad weather to Arkansas (ironic, huh?). The kids and I headed down to Houston to my parents house, but decided to come back home after his accident- my sweet mom came back with us too and I can just feel her judging my housekeeping skills! Ha. JP has a basketball game on Saturday, but he's been running a fever all day- I think he caught the Texas Crud while we were back home, so he's passed out on the couch and I'm thinking we won't be playing basketball this weekend :( In the meantime I am trying to keep him away from Miss A so she doesn't get sick- fortunately my mom is here, so he's entertained by her! As for me- I still need to unpack my stuff, clean our room, finish my bottle of wine :), buy a baby shower gift for my cousin's baby shower and wait for my sweet husband to get back home so I can hold him tight! 
About the husband- he seems like a different man...I think almost dying (his words- not mine) made him realize what is important in life. He keeps calling and checking in on the kids and me, he has decided to NOT go to a bachelor party in Vegas next month and told me that we need to focus less on "buying stuff" and more on being happy together as a family. Not sure how I feel about that non-buying stuff business, this girl loves her some shopping! On that note- I bought a fabulous Cynthia Rowley cashmere sweater/cape and I LURVE IT! Like, love, love, love it! My New Years fashion resolution was to only purchase things that I am in LOVE with and only high-quality stuff...none of this piddly stuff I bought just to buy. So loves, I would like to say that I am so appreciative all the prayers and positive thoughts sent our way the past couple days. I was FLOORED by the amount of prayers being sent up on our behalf- FLOORED. It reiterated my belief that God is good...ALL THE TIME. I will post more tomorrow- I have some exciting things I want to blog about. Food ( love me some food), Mardi Gras decor, Christmas re-cap (way behind), rules for dressing your baby (ha) and what I'm reading! Until tomorrow!


God is good- ALL THE TIME-


Mere


**also, if you requested to follow me on twitter, I will shortly be going through those requests. I had to go private because some people were sending me some very un-kind messages regarding what was going on. not cool people, not cool. 


**Also, if you have a favorite blog designer (who is reasonable), please let me know in the comments- I want a new look! 

2 comments:

Suze said...

I'm your newest follower and the power of prayer is amazing isn't it! I'm thankful and praising Jesus that your hubs was found and he is safe with you :) Hope JP gets to feeling better -- sending up prayers for him! Enjoy the rest of the wine in the bottle girl, you deserve it! I'm sure that cashmere sweater/cape just looks fab on you girl! Shopping is def needed and great therapy if you ask me :) So true God is Good ALL THE TIME! :) Hugs!
PS I will request you on twitter(justsayinsuze!) :)

Unknown said...

So glad all is well with you and your family. I received your tweet about your hubby from a friend. Just wanted you to know that people in Arkansas were praying for his safety.(EVEN if you are an avid LSU fan:)