Car seat:
I struggled over the car seat. I have this opinion that they wouldn't put it on the market if it didn't pass all the rigorous tests, so I don't feel like the most expensive car seat is necessarily better than the others. I thought I wanted a Chico, but they don't fit on the grocery cart (i know, i know, bad mom alert, whatevers- my kids are safe) and JP was out of his infant car seat by 5 months because he out grew it, so I didn't want to spend that much money, just for a few months! I finally settled on the Graco Snugride 35 and purchased it from Albee Baby. Oh my word, it is HEAVY! HEAVY HEAVY! Other than that, I love it.
Pack and Play:
Once again, I purchased this from Albee Baby and we love it. Addison loves the mobile, there's a vibrating feature that calms her down when she's fussy; it's really been great! I love having the changing table on it too- that was great for late night diaper changes! We haven't used it as much as we did with JP because we moved Addison to her crib really early, but I can tell it will get lots of use in the future, once she starts being mobile!
Fisher Price Rain forest Play Gym:
LOVE THIS! This is what we had for JP, so I just dragged it out, washed it and it was good to go! Both my kiddos have LOVED it. Keeps them entertained while I cook dinner (or blog!)
Fisher Price Rain forest Swing:
JP hated the swing, hated it with a passion. No idea why! He just wasn't a swinging type kid. Addison though, LOVES it. It has saved us many times during dinner when all she wanted was to be held. The best part of this swing, it plugs into the wall! NO batteries. Amazing.
Bouncy seat:
We went through two bouncy seats with JP, so we purchased a new one for Addison (one of the few things we actually purchased). Ours doesn't do anything fancy, it just bounces and vibrates. It currently serves as a our high chair, until I decide what to buy. A bouncy seat is a MUST, I am not one of those moms who can go days without showering, I must shower and get ready EVERY day, so it keeps her occupied while I do that!
Stroller:
With JP, I 'had to have" a travel system. BIG FAIL. Hated it. Too bulky. We bought a
Combi Flash EX Universal Car Seat Carrier Stroller Frame Grey and I LOVE IT. I am not one of those people who would EVER spend $800 on a stroller. We don't use a stroller enough to warrant an expensive one...or more than one stroller. But this thing, has been a lifesaver! Light weight, folds up great, easy to maneuver, LOVE it.
Infant tub:
My mom bought this for us and it works. There's not much to say about an infant tub- you fill it up with water and bathe them. There is no need for a fancy one that does bubbles or is a "spa". Really? They are babies, they don't need a spa (maybe I should do a post on what NOT to buy for your baby!)
Anyways, these are just a few of our favorite baby products so far! Tomorrow, I will finish up with part 2 and introduce some products for older babies that we LOVE.






4 comments:
Thanks for the reviews. I just ordered our carseat and got the Graco Snugride22. Hope it lasts long enough but I figured we would move him into a convertible seat because I didn't want to lug around a 20+ lb baby and a heavy car seat. I also used Albee baby and was really pleased with their service. Haven't decided on swing or bouncy seat yet. But thinking we should probably get a bouncy seat. Thanks for the info!
i dont have kids yet but am trying to convince my boyfriend that they're not thaaat expensive, so reading this reassured me that i'm right - you don't need all the fancy stuff! and yes, a post on what NOT to buy for future parents would be awesome.
Helen- The most expensive thing in our house regarding the kids are Addison's clothes! Ha. I get a bit carried away with the little baby girl clothes :) Other than that, I try to keep it cheap as possible. I buy some of their stuff at consignment sales even! It's easy to get carried away thinking you need the "latest" and "most expensive" product out there- some people spend upwards of $800 on strollers! ON A STROLLER! I personally would die before doing that! I am definitely doing a 'What not to buy" post!
Love this post! Finally, a blogger who doesn't believe in spending $800 on a stroller! I agree with everything you said!
Post a Comment