Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I'm Lovin' Wednesday





These are a few of the things I am lovin' this week!


1. Method Cleaning Products: 




  I love to clean- weird, I know. It gives me some satisfaction that I've actually done something productive, and a chance to cross off stuff on my to-do list; which is another favorite activity of mine. Anyways, when JP started crawling, I decided to rid our house of potential hazards- so I got rid of our yucky, smelly, dangerous cleaning products and replaced them all with Method cleaning products. These are my FAVORITES. The Wood for Good dusting spray is amazing, the bathroom products make your bathroom smell all minty and the All-purpose surface cleaner LIVES out on our counter top in the kitchen. I don't have to worry about fumes or my kids drinking these (which they wouldn't, because obviously I watch them every second...right?). They are just great!


2. The Lincoln Lawyer: 




  The hubs and I went to the movies today at 11 am and this movie reaffirmed two things for me- 1. I regret not going to law school because I would LOVE to be a criminal defense attorney (but then I remembered that I get the summers off and I'm done with work at 2:30 everyday so I get to see my kids so I don't REALLY regret it...that much) and 2. Matthew McConaughey is the hottest guy on the planet and I seriously *heart* him. I spent the whole movie telling my husband "OMG he is SO HOT!" - I'm pretty sure he was annoyed by the end. Such a good movie- go see it; now.


3. Garnier Skin Review Anti-puff eye roller:




  This little gem saves my eyes from the atrocious dark circles that appear due to my wonderful children's sleeping habits. Seriously, I am so tired some days and it shows under my eyes- this thing de-puffs and brightens. Love it. Buy one. Now.


4. Borax:




   I have a fear of bleaching laundry. My mom uses it all the time- she bleaches every stain and she's the queen of getting stains out of clothes. Me, not so much- especially JP's oil based stains that appear on EVERY SINGLE POLO he owns. They don't appear on our Target clothes, nope- just our Polo brand...you know, the cheap stuff. Ha. My mom introduced me to Borax as a stain remover and general laundry brightener and it's working great. I spray a little OxyClean (another product I *heart*) and dump some Borax in the wash and poof every stain is gone! 


5. Board and Batten:


image via Pottery Barn

   I am loving this trend right now for walls. We have been renovating our house for 2 years now and all we have left (besides the floors) is the entry way. It has a fabulous 1980's style country blue wall paper on it and UNDER that is another fabulous wall paper circa 1979. I hate removing wallpaper, I did it in every room in this house and I just refuse to do it one more time...so we are doing this in the entry way- and by "we", I mean "he" (as in the hubs). He's so excited he can barely stand it. Ha. 

3 comments:

Rikki said...

I'll have to try the oxi-clean/borax combo. My daughter never fails to get stains on her clothes and it stresses me out to no end!

Suburban Princess said...

Since you like Method you might also like Attitude...and one I like even better than all of them...IQ.

Kaysie said...

I'm thinking I'm going to need to get the Garnier Eye Roller Thimbu. My dark circles are HORRIBLE. Oh, and I also love cleaning. :)