Yesterday, we took a long family walk to enjoy the warm weather and when we got home, JP wanted to play with the neighbor kids across the street. Since we were outside in the front yard, we told him that would be fine, just be prepared to come home when we called. After running around with water guns and playing in the front, they darted into the back yard, where we assumed they were still playing with the water guns. About five minutes into their foray into the backyard, I heard it. I could hear my child screaming at the top of his lungs. From three houses down and across the street. I immediately gave Addison to my sister-in-law and ran across the street. When I got in the backyard, JP was laying on a trampoline, clutching his leg screaming. I scooped him up and started running back to the house- Patrick met me at the gate to the backyard and grabbed him. Once we got inside the house, we quickly realized this was not the normal "owie" and off we went to the Pediatric ER.
![]() |
| After we received codeine. He was high as a kite on Christmas day. |
![]() |
| Still on the drugs. |
![]() |
| He required every single stuffed animal he's ever owned to be brought to the hospital. I would have brought him Mickey Mouse all the way from Disney World if he requested it. |
While I don't know a whole lot, I do know this- we are overwhelmed by the love and support and prayers we have received from our friends, families and complete strangers. I know, 100% that God heard every single prayer sent up on our behalf and it is by HIS divine intervention alone that JP went from surgery to immobilization for weeks, to being sent home today. Regardless of what happened though- my God is the same God He was yesterday before this happened.
![]() |
| Our sweet friend Kayleigh came to visit us! |
![]() |
| We got flowers from our Aunt Taryn, Uncle Justin and Mr. Smitty, Ms. Aimee and Frank sent us flowers too! |
Thank you for every single text message, tweet, Facebook message, phone call, and visit that everyone made. We are blessed beyond what we deserve. Now pray that we can handle this for the next four weeks.
![]() |
| This was right after I told him that he couldn't straighten his leg for 28 sleeps. it's going to be a LONG 28 sleeps. |







2 comments:
Oh Mere. Ohhhhh Mere. Poor baby boy and his poor parents. I wish we lived closer to you, but I'm so glad you felt the love of friends and family as if we were all next door. And I'm SO glad he gets a regular cast and gets to go home. Crazy how "28 sleeps" (which is adorable) seems like a blessing by comparison, though I know it's going to be a rough few weeks. Love to you all!
What a nightmare!! I can't imagine your fear when all this happened!! JP seems to be in somewhat good spirits, except of course the whole leg-straightening deal. Keeping ya'll in my prayers :)
xoxo
Post a Comment