Sunday, February 27, 2011

Basketball



Saturday was JP's last basketball game of the season! It's been an interesting season, to say the least, and it was an interesting last game. Two weeks ago, JP scored his very first basket during a game and has been talking about it ever since- and this week, all he wanted to do was "score a basket!" I was so scared that he wouldn't repeat his past performance and be upset (this is the kid who cried after a soccer game when they lost...even though they don't keep score). I don't know why I was worried because 4 minutes into the first quarter, JP scored a basket! And boy was he excited! 


He came running off the court, high fived everyone he could find, danced a little jig and then SKIPPED back down the court the help his team with defense. 


It was THE most precious moment of his little three year old life and I am so, so grateful to have been there for it. Despite a parent from the other team storming the court and screaming at our coach, and the game ending early, JP only cared that he scored a basket and got a medal for it! 


He is so, so proud of himself and I LOVE watching him play and I think starting him in sports this year was the best decision we've made....although, ask me again after t-ball and swim season :) 





No comments: